The Irish Association of Speech & Language Therapists (IASLT) is the recognised professional association of Speech & Language Therapists in Ireland.
The Aims of the I.A.S.L.T. are:
- Establishment and maintenance of professional standards
- Represent profession at national and international level
- Support continuing professional development through education and research
- Co-ordinate gathering and dissemination of information and promote exchange of professional information
- Evaluate, accredit and monitor speech and language therapy training courses
- Examine and validate the professional qualifications of speech and language therapists who wish to come to Ireland to work
- Develop such policies as are necessary to support the aims
- Provide such administrative and structural facilities as are necessary to promote the objectives of IASLT.
Documents to download
History of SLT in Ireland
History of Speech and Language Therapy Education in the Republic of Ireland
Adobe PDF Document (81k)