The Irish Association of Speech & Language Therapists (IASLT) is the recognised professional association of Speech & Language Therapists in Ireland. The Irish Association strives to provide up-to-date information for the general public to aid in the understanding of common speech and language disorders and to increase awareness of available services. IASLT also provides detailed information for SLTs currently working or considering work in Ireland.
The Aims of the I.A.S.L.T. are:
- Establishment and maintenance of professional standards
- Represent profession at national and international level
- Support continuing professional development through education and research
- Co-ordinate gathering and dissemination of information and promote exchange of professional information
- Evaluate, accredit and monitor speech and language therapy training courses
- Examine and validate the professional qualifications of speech and language therapists who wish to come to Ireland to work
- Develop such policies as are necessary to support the aims
- Provide such administrative and structural facilities as are necessary to promote the objectives of IASLT.