IASLT are delighted to collaborate with Parents Plus to bring you a bespoke CPD training course for Speech and Language Therapists, in how to support parents online and to get the most out of online service delivery.
In this online training we will explain the principles of effective remote working using the principles of Parents Plus Programmes and provide participants with the tools that can work in their departments.
Learning objectives include:
- Choosing the best mode of remote support (phone, zoom, skype, google hangouts, other)
- Remotely delivering strengths-based support to families
- Confidentiality and data protection considerations
- Structuring individual and group sessions
- Addressing core topics such as self-care for parents, conflict management
- Supporting family mental health.
This training programme was developed by Prof John Sharry and Dr. Eileen Brosnan, Parents Plus.
Wednesday 10th March 10am – 12.30pm: Zoom group training session – Intro to remote individual and group work, demonstration of effectively using the PP parent engagement model via online mode.
Wednesday 24th March 10am- 12pm: Follow-up group session to look at how remote work is progressing and problem-solve around challenges.
All attendees will receive preparatory email/ reading material in advance of training and we can offer a short intro session to those unfamiliar to zoom if they need help getting online.
Cost: €125 for IASLT Members or €180 for non-members of IASLT.
Spaces are limited, due to the interactive nature of the course.
To register, click here.